Sunday, March 1, 2009

Amazing Snow in March

Today we have enjoyed a beautiful snow in Pelham, AL. When I woke up at 4 AM to feed Kayleigh, I saw that the snow had begun to fall. I promised Claudia I would wake her up in the middle of the night if it started snowing. So after feeding Kayleigh, I woke Claudia up at 4:30 and we watched the snow falling out on the deck. Then we turned on ABC3340 who had already started their lengthy coverage. We took a quick picture of the snow accumulating on the table on the deck and sent it to them and 5 minutes later we saw it on the TV. Claudia was pretty excited.

Later this morning we finally got everyone bundled up and ventured out to play in the snow. Marc and Claudia played with the neighbors, building a snowman and sledding down the hill across the street. Then Marc and Claudia made snow angels and threw snowballs at the window while I watched. I did take Kayleigh out for a quick photo of her first snow. The wind was blowing a good bit and even though we had her covered - she did not like it. So we went in pretty quickly.


We also collected snow in a bowl and made snow ice cream. My dad always made the best snow ice cream when we were little. Claudia loved it! The snow has almost completely melted now and Claudia is asleep on the floor in front of the fire. She is so precious when she sleeps. What a wonderful morning it was - just hate it had to end so quickly.












No comments:

Post a Comment